Monday, January 12, 2009

Madrid!

Slept most of the day on Friday…these Spaniards stay out late! Haha Went up to the school around 5 planning on getting a lot of reading done for fiction class…needless to say…it didn’t happen…the café closed as soon as I got there :o( we went to McDonald’s for dinner! Haha I know I know I don’t even eat it in the states…but we all agreed that our stomachs needed something more familiar (the food here is really good but different…my stomach is adjusting) Went to some stores around Zocodover and ended up at a café where we took over the whole downstairs and laughed at all the pictures that were taken the night before I went home around 9:30 because we had to meet at 9 the next morning for a trip to Madrid



Madrid was amazing! We went to el Museo Nacional del Prado, a world famous art museum. There were some amazing pieces there, some I had seen pictures of in the past and learned about in classes. I wish we could have spent more time here we only got to see a few pieces on our guided tour. Here’s a picture of my favorite piece…El jardin de las delicias by El Greco
After this we walked to a popular area and split up for lunch and shopping for a few hours. However, it took Emily becca and I 45 minutes to pick somewhere to eat and forever to get our food so by the time we left the place we ate at it was time to meet everyone again :o( no shopping for us

We then headed to Plaza Mayor where people were dressed up as statues that you could take pictures of..I will insert some pictures of them, it was really cool. There was also a fat man dressed up in a spandex spiderman costume…weird
One person was dressed up as a creepy clown looking thing that would sing Britney spears “oops I did it again” when you put money in his box….creepy! haha












We got a guided tour around a few places including Palacio Real…but I was lucky to catch anything the woman said…we had such a large group and my hearing is pretty bad…but I need to hear perfectly in order to attempt to understand Spanish…I mean I’ve only been here for 5 days haha I’m not that good



We all really liked the time we spent there, and loved the Prado so we will be heading back soon hopefully to see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment