Normal day of class, we had a tour of the “doors” of Toledo. The old city is surrounded by walls and there are large entrances all through the walls and we got to go up inside them and see how they used to protect the city.

Tuesday January 20th
Instead of having my conversation and composition Spanish class today we went to a market in Toledo. It’s called El Martes (means Tuesday in Spanish haha) It was a cool place but I didn’t enjoy it much because we were given an activity where we had to ask 5 or 6 questions to different vendors and 5 to the shoppers and then another set of question to whomever we wanted. Doesn’t sound that difficult but the vendors were not interested in talking to us, they clearly wanted to sell things; some were very rude and shewed us away but we were lucky to find some nice ones who would answer our questions. I plan on going back soon to actually buy some things (even though I have NO money left :o()
I went home for awhile to have lunch and work on homework and then headed back up to the school to watch the inauguration. We had some events canceled so that we could watch it together. I had my computer tuned to a radio station broadcasting it so that I could hear everything in English. It was a pretty cool experience, we muted the tv because Obama’s speech was dubbed in Spanish and listened to the stream from the site I was listening to. You could probably hear a pin drop in that room as we all listened and watched history happening.
Monday January 19th
This was the beginning of a VERY stressful week, but also the day that Emily, Becca and I decided we would go to Roma this weekend :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment